C220 Condenser or Auxiliary Cooling Fans

Anyone know why my C220's condenser fans are not turning on? There's no power going to when its needed to turn on. I was going to replace the fan relay/module but theres no telling if thats whats bad. Any thoughts??

Reply to
tobybul

There's a temperature sensor, a fuse, a relay and the fans - take your pick of which is defective. Hint: Start with the cheapest to replace.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

the fuse is ok, I am assuming the fans are ok only b/c when the system calls for cooling I chkd the terminals going to the fans and theres no power. This tells me that the relay is not sending out power to the fans. So, I am down to the relay. I don't know where the temp sensor is. And I believe there is another electronic module (the brain) that communicates with the relay. I have an appmt with the dealer tomorrow. I think i'll just have them take care of it ;o(. Very apprehensive only b/c it might be be expensive.

Reply to
tobybul

Ok!! Dealer narrowed it down to a damaged electrical connector/module located inside left wheel well just under the front fender. $10 part, $95 labor. I am happy with their work and they even don't mind me repairing it once the part comes in. They are pretty confident this is whats wrong.

Reply to
tobybul