C220CDI won't rev beyond 3000rpm

My two year old C220CDI has suddenly developed an intermittent rev limit at 3000rpm. It runs smoothly, but just runs out of power completely at 3000rpm,
almost like the ECU is cutting out the power. Sometimes it works ok. Any ideas?
That car is still under warranty... unless you got past the warranty period... I suggest you let MB fix it under warranty.