C230 Check Engine Light

I have a 1999 C230. The check engine light is on. When excellerating, the car seems to loose power and at idle the engine seems to be misfiring. When
I turn off the car and re-start it, it idles fine. After a couple of time driving it with the light on, it will go out, then the problem will come back and do the same thing over again. Any ideas?
I have a '98 C230 and had the same problem. It was diagnosed as needing a tune up (when was yours last tuned up?), a new air mass sensor. There was also a bad sensor in the gas tank. Also, if you don't get the gas cap back on right or top off the tank or have a bad vent in the gas cap, it will trip the light. NEVER top off the tank.
After the tune up, it runs like new. Lotta power again, smooth idle, good gas mileage.
Davehd

Get the codes read and reset. Do a tune up if it's due. If the CEL comes up again. Get the codes read an replace what's necessary.

the
When