C230 Kompressor

Just got my second one today 2005. Does anyone know how to disable that annoying seat belt chime. My passenger never wears a seat belt and every time you stop it begins to chime again for about 3 - 4 min. Please don't say have the passenger wear the belt I know that. Looking for a permanent fix.

Reply to
Larry

Have the passenger wear the belt EVERY time. Permanent fix. Here in Florida, if you don't wear it, the cops will fix your wallet EVERY time. Your choice.

Larry In the back yard, straped in under the oak.

Reply to
Central Florida

I am not in Florida and there is no seatbelt law here. The passenger is an

80 year old sick stubborn women. So safety is not the primary concern. Let's try to get a better answer.
Reply to
Larry

Hmmm,

80 year-old, sick, stubborn...safety not primary concern...got it!

Mother-in-law, right?

But seriously, go to the wrecking yard, find a similar model, cut the buckle off the belt, and insert in place of real buckle. Done.

Cheers, WS

Larry wrote:

Reply to
WS

Mother-in-law, right?

Reply to
Central Florida

How cruel!

Reply to
James Teaky

What?!? There's no more passenger. The seat belt chime stops ringing. Problem solved! Right?

Larry In the back yard, questioningly under the oak.

Reply to
Central Florida

Reply to
Sheldon Rabin