C230 Kompressor Transmission

Hi,
Since I didn't manage to read whether there were any replys to this question I will post it again:
I have automatic transmission in my C230 kompressor, and when shifting down,
the delay between shifting and when the power actually kicks in is too long (in my mind). Service says that that's how it works but I would like to know why, is it transmission or because of kompressor? Other cars i.e. Pontiac Grand AM/Toyota Corolla shifts much faster...
Anything I can do about it?
I would suggest you change your tranny fluid and filter... alot of time when you have wierd/abnormal shifting responses... it is usually due to dirty fluid or clogged filter.
This tranny should be electronic, so there is nothing you can do unless they have new software to download for the shifting characteristic improvement.
John asked:

I've got an old '99 C230 Kompressor sedan (2.3L) and it takes just about one heartbeat in the worst case to downshift and go. To compensate, I just leave the house a few seconds earlier every morning (<- joke).
If I need to drag race the Lice-Boi in the next lane (and he looks 'serious' - oh my, nice tail pipe...), then I'll touch the gas pedal to bring the revs up to about 1200rpm and there is no lag (none, nada, zip) when it is time to go. On the highway, it is trivial to press the peddle a half-second earlier.
On those rare occasions where the udder guy beats me to the punch due to the slight delay, the small headstart is usually flipped within a few car lengths (for a typical Lice-Boi).
One tip - tromp the gas pedal very quickly because the computer takes you more seriously if the pedal travels down more quickly. If it is like my car, the pedal is just connected to a variable resistor under the hood (fly by wire).
Maybe the problem is not from the transmission, sounds more like a faulty air mass meter, blocked cats etc. changedown should be pretty quick, only slower at certain speeds, when its changing down 2 gears.What makes you think its the transmission?

question
down,
long
know
Hi,
Hi,
I am not sure that trasmission is to blame, that was just something that come to my mind first...
It might be because it's shifting two gears down but again, I can not see this problem with i.e. Toyota Corolla or Pontiac (rental cars) I have driven. And also Explorer shifts much faster although it's transmission is much 'rougher' otherwise.
The basic problem is that i.e. when passing a car in front of me in freeway, I kind of want that car accelerates immediately when I press the pedal, not after 1-1.5 sec. When using 'manual' shift down, this delay is not that big (again points to the 2 gears down scenario).

Pontiac