C230K and C320 SportCoupé

Hello,
I am interested in purchasing the 2005 C230K or C320 SportCoupé later this summer as Mercedes-Benz is omitting that model from the US market
this year. I need something small with three-point star! I I drove the 2003 model and liked it very much. They're pretty popular here in San Francisco. Any known issues or what should I look for when checking out the remainder 2005 model? Which one is better and more lively: C230K or C320?
I am not particular about the big star in the grille and lack of three-point star ornament. Is it possible to fit the grille and ornament from C55 AMG?
Thanks!
Oliver
Add pictures here
✖
Hello,
I am interested in purchasing the 2005 C230K or C320 SportCoupé later this summer as Mercedes-Benz is omitting that model from the US market this year. I need something small with three-point star! I I drove the 2003 model and liked it very much. They're pretty popular here in San Francisco. Any known issues or what should I look for when checking out the remainder 2005 model? Which one is better and more lively: C230K or C320?
I am not particular about the big star in the grille and lack of three-point star ornament. Is it possible to fit the grille and ornament from C55 AMG?
Thanks!
Oliver
Add pictures here
✖
I purchased the last C230K to be shipped to the USA ever in Jan. How do you expect to get one at the end of summer. Best deal Mercedes ever had on a vehicle. This is my third one. Great car for the money.

Add pictures here
✖
Why? Get a C55 AMG...
DAS
"OM" < snipped-for-privacy@none.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@pcisys.net...
✖
If I have the fund, I would treat myself to E55 Wagon!
I'm never particular about the big star grille that are not on the roadsters...
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

I am not particular would normally mean you don't care one way or the other. I take it from the rest of your post, that isn't your meaning?

Hope this helps. marty
Add pictures here
✖

I would get the C320. The smaller engine in the C230K sounds constipated under stress. The larger more powerful engine has more raw power and no supercharger to complicate matters down the road, unless you're the type of person who switches cars every two years and wouldn't care :-)
cp
Add pictures here
✖
Hello CP,
I just got my C230K and enjoy driving it very much .... much more lively than my previos BMW 325i with the same HP rating.
But I have read a few postings from members saying that the compressor will reward me with loads of problems 2 to 3 years down the road.
I am worried. Why is this so ? I thought compressor technology has been in existence for many years now.
Thanks for your comments.
Best rgds Pete
Add pictures here
✖

Niiiiice!!
Yes, they are fun to drive; I don't own one but have tried a number of times.

Not sure why but the compressor in my friend's SLK is acting up as well. In the long run it's better to have raw but EFFICIENT power. Those attachments are annoying things.
cp
Add pictures here
✖
[...]

[...]
I'm not having problems with my C230K, which is now fast approaching its 3rd birthday. I have the original 2.3L engine, as opposed to the current generation 1.8L engine. I don't know of any specific warnings about MB's superchargers, but I can't imagine that in general they'd be any more trouble than turbochargers. I do know that turbochargers seem to need to be replaced within 5-6 years on most cars equipped with them.
--Paul ** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
Add pictures here
✖