pedal (i.e. not flooring it), then the car accelerates fine, just takes longer to reach desired speed. Any suggestions? Thanks Colin
A normally aspirated engine with too lean an air / fuel ratio would have this symptom and have it if the fuel filter were restricted. A faulty MAS (mass air sensor) might also cause it.
The supercharger adds another level of possibilities (beyond my knowledge). If the supercharger has a pressure relief valve, it may be opening when you floor the accelerator.
On 2005-04-11 09:06:11 -0700, nalla snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Colin J) said:

Dirty air filter would cause this, as when you floor it, more air and gas are needed. If the air filter is new, then it could be any other component in the fuel or air intake system, or it could also be a timing issue....
Good Luck, and let us know what you find. Marty
Hi all, thanks for the advice. I haven't had time to look at this yet, but was going to at the weekend. However the problem has not happened the last couple of days. (I think it may still be there, but there could be a chance I guess that it was to do with the petrol??? I filled up with 20 just before the problem starter, then as the tank was nearly empty the problem became less noticable and yesterday I filled up completely and haven't had it since) Although I don't think I'm that lucky so will investigate further when I next experience the problem. Cheers, Colin