c240 opinions

I am considering one. Anyone who has one care to comment? It would be replacing my 190 in the future. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Pretty decent little car, I like the overall feel of it.

Reply to
BS

That was my first impression. I am driving a loaner from the dealer. Its silver with a grey interior. The options are just right too. its a little slow off the line. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

I've heard the C230 Kompressor is a much better powerplant combo for that car... the C240 is called "stupid" by a lot of people that think there only needs to be a C230K and C320 in the line. If you're talking brand new, the C230K seems to be a much better deal, and if you're talking used (W202), then the C230K seems to be preferred over the C280 and C220/C230 (nonsupercharged).

-Mike

Reply to
Mike "Rotor" Nowak

hmm. really... I liked the bigger v6 in the 240 over the turbocharged four. I am thinking about spending 30k or less so it would be a used one... Thanks Mike. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Oh, so you might be second in the Traffic Lights Grand Prix...

Have you looked at the 50 - 70 mph acceleration?

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Get the V6, the I4 turbo has marginal power, hardly any real fuel economy advantage over the larger engine and sounds like it was intended for a tractor. MB needs to jettison this old dog of an engine and start fresh with something that would at least do justice to a Hyundai.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

I felt it! KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

agreed

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Erm, they just did, its a brand new engine.

As for all your turbo talk, its a supercharger.

Reply to
miknik