c240 opinions

I am considering one. Anyone who has one care to comment? It would be replacing my 190 in the future. KH

Pretty decent little car, I like the overall feel of it.
That was my first impression. I am driving a loaner from the dealer. Its silver with a grey interior. The options are just right too. its a little slow off the line. KH

Oh, so you might be second in the Traffic Lights Grand Prix...
Have you looked at the 50 - 70 mph acceleration?
DAS --
I felt it! KH

I've heard the C230 Kompressor is a much better powerplant combo for that car... the C240 is called "stupid" by a lot of people that think there only needs to be a C230K and C320 in the line. If you're talking brand new, the C230K seems to be a much better deal, and if you're talking used (W202), then the C230K seems to be preferred over the C280 and C220/C230 (nonsupercharged).
-Mike

hmm. really... I liked the bigger v6 in the 240 over the turbocharged four. I am thinking about spending 30k or less so it would be a used one... Thanks Mike. KH

Get the V6, the I4 turbo has marginal power, hardly any real fuel economy advantage over the larger engine and sounds like it was intended for a tractor. MB needs to jettison this old dog of an engine and start fresh with something that would at least do justice to a Hyundai.

agreed

be
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:20:05 -0600, "Gerald G. McGeorge"

Erm, they just did, its a brand new engine.
As for all your turbo talk, its a supercharger.
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk