C250TD 1999 AUTO - no power when accelerating

When accelerating, gearbox kicks down and revs rise rapidly. trouble is engine speed doesnt...

This doesnt happen all the time just sometimes. One day its ok the next its not. Any ideas?

Someone has mentioned MAP sensor or vacuum transducer.

Reply to
BertieBigBollox

You need to have someone with mercedes diagnostic tool to determine what part is bad.

Reply to
Tiger

Well thats the thing - I went to a Mercedes dealer a month or so ago and they could find nothing wrong....

Reply to
BertieBigBollox

How is it possible the "revs rise rapidly" but "engine speed doesn't"?!

Reply to
-

Dunno.

Reply to
BertieBigBollox

I think he meant that there is an inherent contradiction between the two. I.e. if revs go up engine speed does as well. Otherwise you would have to explain what you mean by "engine speed".

robert

Reply to
Robert Klemme