C280 - 1996 - Oil Leak.....

I've got a minor oil leak on my C280 - near the firewall by the oil filter. I can not seem to actually see the leak - but after a couple hour hi-speed
run - I can find a little oilly smoke coming from that portion of the engine. Since access is limited ----- what should I look for? Is the pressure sensor somewhere under the oil filter?
Are there any good drawing on the web? Or a reference to purchase a good manual or CD with drawings / diagnosis information
thanks curtis
Before tearing into the engine I'd check the oil filter's seal, especially if this leak is sudden.