c280 brake pad R&R

I attempted to R&R the front brake pads on a 1996 c280 sport. I've done this job in the past on my Acura, but I'm by no means a pro. I was able to loosen the caliper body by removing 19mm bolts on the inboard side, but could not figure out how to remove the caliper body: I could not get it free of the rotor.

Do you mind passing along some hints?

Thanks

Reply to
CycleZen

I just dropped my c320 wagon at the dealership... 27,000 miles on it... they said i needed a brake job... i knew it needed an alignment since my tires had been wearing funny.

cost of: Front brakes plus rotors (they said they had to be done !?!) Rear brakes PA state inspection ($70) aligment($100)

For a total of $980 pretty steep for an alignemtt and a brake job?

Reply to
Rich Williamson