C280 EC light on

I have a 1997 C280 that's running just fine.

But, the other day, I notices that the EC light was on on the climate control panel. I can't figure out how to turn it off -- if I even should.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Tom Royer

EC light on means your AC compressor is off. IF you do not have a problem with one of the 2 sensors on the drier, then your system is empty because of a leak.

Reply to
Karl

Thanks for the response. This just started when the weather cooled down. Could it be something simpler, like the AC isn't needed?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Royer

When the AC isn't needed its switched off automatically. The light means that no pressure is on the system.

Marcus w210 E320

Reply to
Jack ElTako