C280 EC light on

I have a 1997 C280 that's running just fine.
But, the other day, I notices that the EC light was on on the climate control panel. I can't figure out how to
turn it off -- if I even should.
Any ideas?
Thanks
EC light on means your AC compressor is off. IF you do not have a problem with one of the 2 sensors on the drier, then your system is empty because of a leak.

In article snipped-for-privacy@mitre.org says...

When the AC isn't needed its switched off automatically. The light means that no pressure is on the system.
Marcus w210 E320