C280 engine coolant problem 120C!!

My 98' C280 just had a full check-up at the MB dealer 3 months ago. It drove fine to work this morning. The coolant warning light came up when I drove it
again from work back home. There were small puffs of smoke coming out of the hood at redlight. The fan worked non-stop and the engine temp reached 120C with a bad burning smell. Has the damage been done to the engine? Do I need to take it back to the shop or just fill up the water level should take care of the problem? TIA!
coolants going some were sounds like shop time have it towed
case
the case, minus a few cans!

I found a leaky and dripping coolant pipe somewhere near the radiator while I was refilling the coolant tank with 50/50 MB antifreeze and water. Is it OK to drive 15 miles or so to the nearest dealer with some coolant still visible in the tank?
just top it off and keep an eye on it
the case, minus a few cans!