C280 Stereo died I think.

I have a 99 C280 that just picked up an audio problem. I think that when I bought the car One month ago it had a buzz in the back speakers. I thought I would replace those next month but in the mean time I would
just fade out the rear speakers and listen only through the front speakers.
Today I heard the left front speaker and not the right that came in a little later just fine. Not thinking about it too much I let it go. When I got to the house I noticed that there was a crackling sound coming from the right side and then it moved to the left and then no sound at all.
I hope that I have not blown the system. I guess I will look for help tomorrow in one of the shops close by.
If it turns out to be the stereo head unit and you still want an original MB stereo, you're welcome to the one I took out of my 96 W210 E320 (for free + whatever shipping costs)
If you have steering wheel volume controls it may not work, but the price is right :)
Having said that, if all it needs is a stereo unit, MP3 decks are pretty cheap nowadays.. (which is what I replaced the old MB radio/cassette player with)