C300 Luxury Sedan 4Matic: Questions

Currently researching with a view to buying this. Have two other makes/models on the shortlist (BMW 328xi and Lexus ES350), but it looks like the Mercedes is the winner for me by a very short lead.

Question 1: I want a built-in Nav system. The old suction cup on the windshield has got to go. Unlike the BMW, where you can get the Nav system as a single option, with the mercedes, it appears that to get one, you have to get the Multimedia Package, which includes the 6-disk CD/DVD changer that I'm not interested in. I am getting the iPod Kit installed, and I have no interest in CDs. Is there any way to get the items priced separately, or do you have to get an all or nothing package?

Question 2: It says that the car comes standard with Bluetooth connectivity. My Razr phone is one of the compatible phones. Do I have to do anything else, or does the Bluetooth system simply connect to my phone, which will then allow me to make hands-free calls? How about charging the phne. Do I have to plug in my own connector into the car's power outlet?

Reply to
NealR2000

Yes, in the US the Nav system comes only with the MM package.

All or nothing.

There are detailed instructions for each compatible phone on the MB USA site in .pdf format.

How about charging the

Bluetooth is a wireless protocol for short-range communication between devices. You can't charge a devices's battery through Bluetooth, for charging the device's battery you have to connect the device to a charger or charge the battery in a separate charger. One possibility is to plug it into the car's power outlet.

Reply to
Juergen .

Visit a Mercedes Benz Dealer, Dealer accessed MB factory and booked a car in my name then we customized it as I needed. You can do the same.

Reply to
IceMan