C32 Questions

I am considering purchasing a 2002 C32. This will be daily driver for me. Please help me out with the following questions:
1. The dealer assures me that the car does not have a spare tire - Flat
beds are fine but what happens if you get stuck where a tow is not available?? Is there a donut available?
2. I am concerned about snow and ice driving. This is not a terrible issue in Central Indiana but I need to be able to get around in the winter. Dealer says Blizzaks will do the trick- any input here?
3. Car looks brand new and has only 9,000 miles on it. Original warranty extends until end of 2004. Dealer firm at 44K. Is this too steep even for such a perfect car?
Thanks for your input
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 23:46:57 GMT, "Michael Giannamore"

I think he's right - I have 2003 C32, however, and it has a full-sized spare. If I remember, they changed this (no spare/spare) from the 2002 to 2003 models.

The dealer told me to use the "W" setting on the transmission - that starts you out in 2nd gear (supposed to help). Never driven mine in snow or ice, however. The ETS works pretty good - I've gotten the rear end to start sliding and you can feel the car snap back into control.

Don't know. It's a great car and I've enjoyed the heck out of mine. Wouldn't trade it for anything (except an E55 maybe).

Thanks
wrote:

me.
issue
for

issue
for
This is a sidenote but I read somewhere that Mercedes will put in the N/A version of the V8 in the E55 in the next C class calling it the C55. It will be good for around 360hp I think. The point is that prices on the C32 may come down if this model comes out. However I think that it will be a 2005 model.
A.J
Yes, Mercedes-Benz is switching to naturally aspired 5,4-litre V8 motor for C-Class.
AMG is moving away from superchargers and toward the larger displacement in the process. The 5,4-litre supercharged V8 motors will be superceded by 6,3-litre naturally aspired V8 motors with somewhat higher output. It is due to increasingly difficulties for supercharged motors to meet new Euro 4 emission regulations in 2005.
It's going to be interesting to see the labelling game. We've S63 (6,3-litre 444-horsepower V12 in 2002), S65 (6,0-litre 612-horsepower V12 for 2004 onward). S60 is already registered to Volvo. Will they revert to S63 for 6,3-litre V8 motor? Will they use S70 for forthcoming 700-hp V12 motors when heavy-duty 7-speed automatic gearbox comes out)? No, wait, doesn't Volvo already have that already? Woe is me!
As the Americans say often, "there's no substitute for cubic inches"...
My understanding is that both C32 and C55 will be offered for a whilst.
Oliver