C320

I really mean C320 - Sorry about the typo
Subject: C320purchase Date: Monday, May 31, 2004 2:22 PM
I am thinking of purchasing a used C320 from a local dealer. Any advice or
comments on the 2001 C230 as far as reliability, etc?
--
Greg

* * * * * * * *
The reliability is horrible! Some of the known problems are:
1. problems with electronic key software. this means your door may not open.
2. front turn signals are installed improperly. the bulbs will be fine but the computer will detect it as malfunctioned - thus, one side will not work in the same manner as if the bulbs are out.
3. Navigator/CD player will not cough up certain CDs that may be a little thick.
4. Rear window shade may crunch up and not pop up as should.
5. Door hinge may come loose.
6. tail lights may burn out at low miles.
7. window will fog up big time if climate control is turned off.
8. They had to replace something in my engine to eliminate a small rattling sound. I forgot what that was.
9. climate control buttons may get stuck. it will feel like there was something sticky in the back of the buttons. a check indicated that it was an electrical problem.
If you buy it, make sure these things and I'm sure more are completely checked out; otherwise, you will join me at the Lexus dealership for your next car -- from getting sick of taking time off to take the car into the mercedes dealership.