C320 Problems

I just had to have my 5 month old C320 towed to the dealer for the second time, with the same problem - dead battery.

The first occasion occurred in mid-June when the power seats and power steering wheel adjustment decided to stop working. Four days later the battery was dead and I had no electrics at all and the car was towed to a dealer. The dealer fixed the seat problem, but could not find the cause of the battery drain. Then last Thursday the seats and steering wheel problem surfaced again. I went to the dealer but they did not have time to do anything. They did say however, that they thought the problem was caused by the dealer installed XM Radio incorrectly wired in. Then last night (Sunday) I had a dead battery again and had to be towed.

Why did they not tell me this the first time when they tried to fix it????

Anyone else experiencing such problems?

Walter Wise

Reply to
WPWise

Nope. Sounds like an incompetent dealer.

Kal (2002 C320 Wagon)

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

I am getting ready to go the Lemon Law route.

Thanks. Walter Wise

Reply to
WPWise

Incorrectly wired radio would drain your battery in less than 24 hours. It definitely won't take four months and won't affect the seats. Sounds like BS to me. It's a nice car and for this price they definitely deserve to get slammed.

D.

Reply to
DCM

I agree. There is something else going on. Being it is a "wired" car, there has to be a bug in the wiring someplace. Mercedes is sending a field rep to look at it also. Today is the 3rd day that they have had it. I am about ready to call my lawyer friend to start the proceedings.

Walter Wise

Reply to
WPWise