Canadians please help 190E headlight

Hello All,

the canadian version of the 190E has daylight running lights that come on automatically. I don't believe the US version has this. I would like to disable this 'feature' by pulling the relay so as to keep the normal headlight switch operating. I think this 'add-on' relay for the running lights has to exist since it is unlikely that two different wiring harnesses were made by MB. WHERE is this relay? Anyone know??

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

I don't believe any of the W201's were equiped with DRL's, either constant on or autoswitching. The E-code headlights do have a small 5W "city light" bulb below the H4 main bulb that replaced the lack of "running" lights in the European cars, whose corners were only turn indicators.

Reply to
MTI