Car phone kit 2002 C220

I started an earlier thread which closed when I (thought) I had the whole answer - thanks to those who contributed.
I've a 2002 C220 CDi with the car kit for Nokia 6310(i) fitted. I have a
more modern handset that I prefer to use, but also have a 6310 that works fine in the Mercedes fitted kit. For obvious reasons I don't want to change the kit in the car but also want to use my more modern handset for general roaming. I've been told that the UK cellular operators offer a dual/twin SIM which addresses this problem e.g. 2 different phones can have the same number (without constantly messing around and swapping SIMs, resetting time etc). That way I can use the modern handset for general use whilst keeping the 6310 for use with the car. Does anyone have experience of this? Do all/some/none of the service providers offer this?
Thanks for your help
Steve
Go to an independent shop like Carphone Warehouse or someone less 'official'.
DAS
"Hamster" < snipped-for-privacy@nospampleasewerebritishmail.com> wrote in message
news:b snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...