Car Stereo Problems

I recently upgraded my Becker AM/FM stereo on my 85 300D. I installed a new Blaupunkt with a CD player. The original speakers crackled when I played anything with normal volume. I replaced the speakers with new ones. The stereo has 4 X 50W output. The speakers are Pioneer with capability to handle 100W. I still have the same crackle. Is there something wrong with the stereo that I should get another one?

Help! Bob

Reply to
Viper

throw out the factory mercedes fader!

and run wires directly to each speaker.

"Viper" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I5ednbHvr snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

If the front / rear fader is still in the circuit I suggest you look there.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

You have to run a new wire directly to the speaker from the head unit... or splice it into the fader harness but leave the fader disconnected from the harness.

Reply to
Tiger

BTW, is it possible to have two audio decks share the same set of speakers? I have one radio with CD player, but would like to install a second one in a free slot to play cassette. But I wonder if it will work.

thanks, Ben

Reply to
Benjamin F. Zhou

kids... :O)

"Benjamin F. Zhou" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I84Lb.735$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny01.gnilink.net...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

Yes, I disconnected the fader when I installed it. Any other suggestions on why it still has a crackle sound?

Reply to
Viper

does it crackle using cd and radio? try connecting the new speakers with new cables directly to the stereo...just to eliminate it beeing the original wires...

"Viper" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

do this just by process of elimination... might be a bad ground connection...or a bad positive... do step by step...only changing one variable at a time connecting...directly to battery posts...an so forth

good luck Alex

"Viper" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

I'm sorry, would you mind being a little clearer? I'm no car electronics.

Reply to
Benjamin F. Zhou

You can correct this ailment by providing some clean wattage to pwer your aftermarket speakers. The chip amplifier in your deck is limited in terms of actual output and cannot compensate when the ohms shift from four to two, etc. Put an amplifier between the head unit and the speakers. Wattage is not how loud the music plays-volume dictates that, but wattage is the fuel that your aftermarket speakers run on, and you need more to produce clear music without crackling! P.

Reply to
Peter Klein

yes. i am sorry too...who wants to put 2 car stereos in a car...???? i seriously dont get it!

get one, that does all you are looking for.

"Benjamin F. Zhou" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ZUpLb.2107$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny03.gnilink.net...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

Either you don't have enough power for the volume you want to achieve (amplifyer, power supply), or 1 or more of your speakers are defective.

Reply to
George Mann