car won't start

89 300TE - car runs great when it starts, checked alternator is working great, for some reason when the car sitts for several hours it won't start , hook a battery up to it and it jumps to life right away. has a new battery and this problem still persists. don't know what else to check....any clues let me know...live in ohio and temp right now is about 20 - 25... once car is started you can shut it down and come back in a couple of hours and it will crank right over......sit over night or something like that and it won't do anything with out a jump.
Reply to
Joe A. via CarKB.com

It could be overload relay is bad... but the fact that you can start with jumpstart tells me something is wrong with battery or charging system. Go to autozone and have them do a free diagnostic on your charging system while car is running.

Reply to
Tiger