Carsoft vs Star diagnostics

I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons of getting a Carsoft multiplexer as opposed to letting my dealer charge me the same amount to plug my car in for a
single diagnostic.
Does anyone know whether the Carsoft shows all codes that the Star does, or is there a good reason to get the dealer to plug it into Star?
If you get the geniune Carsoft... which cost a couple thousand, it will work as claimed.
If you buy the ebay cheap Carsoft, it does work somewhat...
If you buy the Star on ebay... it is expensive but is same as the dealer... just older. Cost about the same as genuine carsoft.
Alot of time for engine trouble, OBD2 scanner is all you need. Really.... unless you are a super tech, Star and Carsoft is nothing more than a super fancy OBD2 scanner.

I'm thinking of the one that's not the cheapest, but has the multiplexer built in.

Way out of budget.
TD ha scritto:

You might want to read also:
http://workshop.aftersales.daimlerchrysler.com/dcagportal/DCAGPortal/portal.action
BTW I'm not in relation with Mercedes. Just a owner as you.