CD Changer for 97 E420

Hi Again to the 'Group,
I have another question about my 1997 E420.
It has the CD changer in the trunk as original installation. I'd like to have another cartridge (if that is what they are called) so
that I can change CDs by having another cartridge loaded with the disks of choice and then just swap out one cartridge for another.
Where can I find a place to purchase an additional 6 CD holder / cartridge? I haven't really asked around yet but decided to start with this newsgroup.
As with all things MBz, I hope the sources are easy on the wallet, too.
Finally, I hope I'm not wearing out my welcome with all my inquires. But, I have learned alot about my new-to-me Mercedes Benz and am very appreciative. For one, I'm no longer planning to remove my factory installed telephone - thanks to the collective responses I received from this 'Group.
Happy motoring to all..........Hezekiah of the Pacific NW
I believe that you have to get a cartridge that is specific for that changer. Any six CD cartridge will not do. I tried to use one of the changers from my Lexus, and it does not fit. Try your local stereo/alarm installation shop. They carry OEM cartridges for that changer. ==========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic
snipped-for-privacy@teleport.com wrote:

Most OEM changers are actually made by one of the "name" stereo companies. My BMW changer for instance, and the one in my '03 C class are Alpine, and use the same insert as an off the shelf (cheaper) Alpine unit.
ds

Any car stereo shop who sells Alpine can supply the cd magazine you need. P.