Cell phone for S430

I have just purchased a used 2000 S430. It is equiped with the hands free phone upgrade but without the phone. Does anyone know if I can buy an V60 (x) phone and be able to use it or does MB do something
special the causes me to purchase from them at about 600 $US. In their internet add they show a V60 phone. I have gotten conflicting answers fron the dealership. The "gate" is to be able to use the hands free and Voice Rec. that is already installed.
TIA
I have a SL with built in hands free and although I've got the phone that came with it, I use my identical work provided phone and it's fine ..... summary is I think a standard phone will work and you don't have to buy the overpriced merc offering.