Cellular PHone

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030508050200020009040300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Since my original post, I found that there are quite a few individusls with the same problem.
* Does anyone know of a solution to the following:<>upgrade e320 StartTAC to new V60. I'm trying to get the integrated phone - Motorola StartTAC- in my 2000 E320 upgraded to something more current and supports tri-mode, so I can get service from Verizon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. * I am trying to find out if I can upgrade the factory installed phone with a new digital tri-mode without going to the dealer? * Guess what? I just bought a 2003 E320 and I want the phone system, but now it cost $2700! Is there any after market systems available? * I have a 2000, E320 that came with a TDMA (ATT) Star Tac phone system. I need to upgrade to a CDMA (Verizon) phone, a Timeport or V60. I know you can find Mercedes phones on Ebay, but what about the intergrated system, in the car.Does anyone have any suggestions? * I own a 1999 Mercedes ML320 which comes witha pre wired integrated phones system which I am looking to upgrade. Has anyone found a soulution to this problem
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Factory/Dealer Installed Phone Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:14:10 -0500
I have a 1999 E 320 with the factory installed Motorola phone which no still works works except that my wireless provide no longer supports it. I would like to get a comparable replacement as I like this set up very much. It provides good hands free option via the car's stereo unit. I contacted my local Benz dealer, and was told that they too, no longer support this phone. Does anyone know of a work around that would allow me to still use the built in hardware, and not have to get a whole new system?
Thanks
--------------030508050200020009040300 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------030508050200020009040300--

As someone pointed out to me a while back, your change your phone every year or so, while you change your MB every decade or so. Even though the integration is nice (voice dialing, handsfree, muting stereo, pausing CDs, etc) it's a very expensive option with a very limited lifetime.
I pulled my CDMA StarTAC and the connecting cables out of my 2001 E320 a couple of years ago and don't really miss it. If I could figure out what the relevant interface boxes were I could probably pull out all the interesting bits and put the package up on eBay, but life's too short...