Cellular PHone

Since my original post, I found that there are quite a few individusls with the same problem.

  • Does anyone know of a solution to the following:upgrade e320 StartTAC to new V60. I'm trying to get the integrated phone - Motorola StartTAC- in my 2000 E320 upgraded to something more current and supports tri-mode, so I can get service from Verizon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. * I am trying to find out if I can upgrade the factory installed phone with a new digital tri-mode without going to the dealer? * Guess what? I just bought a 2003 E320 and I want the phone system, but now it cost 00! Is there any after market systems available? * I have a 2000, E320 that came with a TDMA (ATT) Star Tac phone system. I need to upgrade to a CDMA (Verizon) phone, a Timeport or V60. I know you can find Mercedes phones on Ebay, but what about the intergrated system, in the car.Does anyone have any suggestions? * I own a 1999 Mercedes ML320 which comes witha pre wired integrated phones system which I am looking to upgrade. Has anyone found a soulution to this problem

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

As someone pointed out to me a while back, your change your phone every year or so, while you change your MB every decade or so. Even though the integration is nice (voice dialing, handsfree, muting stereo, pausing CDs, etc) it's a very expensive option with a very limited lifetime.

I pulled my CDMA StarTAC and the connecting cables out of my 2001 E320 a couple of years ago and don't really miss it. If I could figure out what the relevant interface boxes were I could probably pull out all the interesting bits and put the package up on eBay, but life's too short...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith