central gateway software update for the 2004 E500

Does anyone know what the central gateway software update for the 2004 E500 entails? Someone mentioned "A 1/2 hour with the SDS to update it". I don't
quite understand.
Thanks - Claude (I am reposting because I did not see my original post from last night - I did see a reply though - strange)
--
Bestswimwear.com
http://www.bestswimwear.com

Thank you for your reply. Will this update improve the pedal modulation characteristics of the sensotronic braking system? I am just curious as to which areas of the central gateway's domain this update will affect.
--
Bestswimwear.com
http://www.bestswimwear.com