Central locking

When operating the central looking the drivers side door door lock goes up and down like a machine gun before it eventually locks.
The same happens when trying to open it, is the fault in door.

What sort of vehicle are we talking about here?

I'll guess it's a 203, 211 or 163. If so, you're looking at a new lock assembly.

How do I change the assembly, how do I get the door panel off