Central locking problem 190 E

I have a 1988 190 E 2.6 the remote central locking will now not unlock the doors, the sound is there and the buttons move slightly but the do not pop up, if I use the key in either doors it works fine.

Any Ideas.

John

Reply to
John C

Your car appears to have a vacuum leak. Suggest you first check the vacuum bellows in the driver's door, but you should know the leak could be anywhere, including the gas flap and trunk lock.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I did think of that but if that is the case why would the central locking work ok with the key in either door locks.

John

Reply to
John C

So go to the part that doesn't work.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

None of it works, I stripped the drivers door down today, disconnected the vacuum pipe, using the key in the passenger lock when opened I get air pushed out, when locked I get A vacuum, do the same with the remote opened I get nothing or very little either way, when closed I get a Vacuum

Reply to
John C