Change of wheel and tire size?

I am the proud new owner of a "new" '82 SD with 70,000 miles. Can the original rims and tires be replaced with the later 205 65R 15 rims and tires without a drop in performance? I have a '83 SD with 350k and have always hated trying to keep the wheels clean. The 15's look so much easier to clean.

Reply to
Memphis10c

Yes, you can use 205/65R15 with no problem at all. To keep your wheel clean, you need to use a different brand brake pad. I highly recommends Axxis MetalMaster but you probably will be totally happy with Axxis Deluxe (which is OEM braking performance without dust).

Reply to
Tiger