Changing Brake Pad on E320...disabling SBC?

Has anyone changed the pads with the SBC active? A parts store says that the SBC MUST be deactivated when changing the pads. He says you need a special tool from MD to disable the system.

Haven't done that myself but a friend of mine who knows these things told be previously that you do have to disable SBC before changing pads. Otherwise the system may start adjusting itself while pads are not in place, making the brake cylinder blow out.
However I think I've seen guidance on different options how to disable SBC properly. See e.g. www.benzworld.org forums and W211 section.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211-e-class/1217661-replacement-brake-pads-don-t-get.html?highlight=sbc+disable
Hello Tiger: I've been planning to change out my brake pads/sensors (C230 1998) MB. Do you think buying the CD Disk might be a good idea? I think it costs about $300. Is it clear enough to follow for a non professional car owner mechanic? I usually don't have problems doing brakes on American cars I've owned but a little unsure about the electronic sensors on MB brakes. I have ABS/BAS on my car. Thanks
Larry Tiger wrote:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211-e-class/1217661-replacement-brake-pads-don-t-get.html?highlight=sbc+disable

Hopefully Tiger finds time to reply but the C230 from 1988 should be a "no-brainer" when you've done this for some other cars already. The W211 issue comes from SBC, not from ABS/BAS etc.
C230 should be "a normal case", just the sensor wires need to be replaced (unplug and replace old sensor wires or reuse the old ones if they are OK and you don't get new with your pads).
Note, I have not worked with a C230 myself.
ABS and all other electronics should have no effect on changing brake pads... Just keep the key out of the ignition and everything off..
This is the first time I head of the SBC system that really does affect the brake pad change...so I believe this is an exception of all the MB cars.
As for you changing the brake pad... If you done other cars, you would find MB easier to work on... so don't worry.
Thanks to Tiger and "Me" for your input. Now I have confidence to start the project. Again Thank You!!