Changing Glowplugs

Hi, it looks like you have the same or similar model that I have. How difficult is it to change the glowplugs? It looks like they are covered by a piece of plastic shroud on top of the engine but I am not sure how exactly to get to them and the manual is no help. Can you help me?

Thanks a bunch!

Reply to
MB

Ahh... yes, same engine as mine. I just did mine... it is quite a bit of work. You have to take off alot of thing... especially the intake manifold (which you need new gasket to do this job). It is not a hard job... just alot of things to take off. Since your car is 9 years old, you should consider chaning all the fuel lines while you are at it... because it is all fully accessible at this time. I also changed the injectors return fuel lines at the same time.

Reply to
Tiger

Tiger, Speaking of fuel lines, what's the ID of the overflow lines which go from injector to injector on 240D and 300Ds? I want to use the newer translucent tubing which doesn't leak after a short period of time.

Reply to
Ernesto
1/8" ID... It is best to use the biodiesel compatible hose. TG bought some that he say never leaks from NAPA... but I don't know if those are biodiesel compatible.
Reply to
Tiger