Changing Plugs on E-Class V-6 ('98)

I thought I would change the help change the plugs on a friend's '98 E320. We managed to remove the plastic engine cover (Just pulls off)
There are two plugs per cylinder.
Plug wires seem to disappear into a clamp like fitting Plugs are not visible but must be down inside there somewhere :)
What is involved, (a) removing plug wires and (b) removing plugs in tight space. Any special tools required?
Jack
I don't recall Mercedes have twin plug engines... All I remember is they had a three valves and 4 valves engine head... but I really don't recall twin plugs...
I think that MB introduced "phased twin-spark ignition" in '98 on the E320 which uses two per cylinder. As for special tools, I think that the answer is "yes" as you'll need a special tool (spark plug connector pliers) to remove the ignition wires from the spark plugs.

answer
There are definitely 12 plugs on the V-6 - They are hard to get at, and may need some type of angle wrench. Getting the wires off the plugs in the cramped area will be quite a trick, unless they come off easily.
I don't think the dealer will charge that much in labour to do the job, but then I have to pay their price for the plugs :(
Jack