Changing Spark Plugs

I have always had my 1991 300SE professionally maintained, but now that I am retired and have more time and less money, I would like to start doing some of the routine maintenance myself. It needs new
plugs, so I thought that would be a good start (I used to tune up my American cars when I was young and never had any problems, but that was back in the carburetor and points days).
I assume that it has Bosch plugs in it - should I continue to use them? Can anyone tell me the plug number and gap and torque specifications for this engine? Any special tools or procedures required?
Thanks,
Jim Norfolk
Yes, it came with bosch plugs and you should use the same ones (these cars don't like platnium tipped and all that stuff). I don't know which ones the 300 used, but you can buy a service CD from benz (or performanceproducts.com or adsitco.com or bootlegs off ebay) and it'll have all the info you'd ever want to know. Richard

Good project for a retiree, I do the same.
No special tools needed except a deep socket for the spark plugs, any parts store that sells Bosch can tell you the plug # that's needed, the gap is 32/1000 INCH. Gap the plugs before installing them. Torque to 19 ft lbs. Don't mix up the ignition wires.
When buying a socket, it's best to buy one designed for spark plugs that has a rubber piece in the back that holds onto the plugs. Otherwise you will find yourself cursing a lot and looking under the car for dropped plugs. Richard

Stay with Bosch Super Plug... if you buy it, it comes already pre-gapped so you just put them in. Any other brands, you will need to gap them.