changing wheelbearing

I have to change the wheelbarings on the left front side on my 87

300D. My question is if there is any trouble i can expect. I've searched web and my Haynes manual, but i could not find any information about changing wheelbearings. So i hope that anone could advice me about the procedure, and perhaps know about a web-link.
Reply to
john ole

I assume the wheel bearings on a 124 body are similiar to a 123 chassis car.

You need to loosen the allen bolt that retains the adjuster nut. Remove the nut and hub. Remove the inner grease seal along with the inner and outer bearing. Then using a punch you tap out the inner and outer bearing races. You also tap in the new inner race, outer race and the grease seal. I just had the machine shop at a local auto parts store do it for one of my 300D's. They charged me $15 labor. The bearing kit including the grease seal was $29.

Reply to
VCopelan

It's a 4MATIC model. Is the wheel bearing any different than the "ordinary"

300D?
Reply to
Johnny Dahlmo