check engine electronics message

The "check engine electronics" message on my '97 E320 appeared two days ago, and the "check engine" light would remain on after resetting
the display. This happened every time I started the engine, until this morning, when neither signal appeared.
Did the Benz gods heal my car? Should I be concerned? (The mileage is about 105,000.)
Maybe... what was the error code?

uh, error code? The display beneath the speedometer simply said "check engine electronics". Is the error code hidden somewhere?
You need a reader to get that code out... You can do this by stopping by Autozone to borrow it...
Check the seal on your gas cap.
v/r