Checked out 2005 Mini S

Still the same old Mini S roller skate. Only now it has gotten worse! To get a seat that doesn't really bind, you have to get the airconditioned seat with the adjustable wings and lumbar support. Sales guy started out telling me I had to get the S600 to get the adjustable seat with air. Had back surgery 12 yrs ago, so the lumbar support is unusable. The wings that close in on you just make it uncomfortable until you open it up fully. The seat top is shorter than the pre-2000 versions and there is this little box like mess under the seat edge that gets in your way. The trunk closer thingy that sticks out on mine may be there if you dont' order the automatic trunk opener/closer. You have to buy a little radio to carry around with you because the radio controls are all locked into the navigation unit and so are quite unusable. The nav unit comes with the car and there is no way around it. It takes 5 min to put in one destination on the map - type for an eternity! Realllly useless piece of garbage and you have to get it!!!!!!! The car comes with the Xenon lites unless you special order it, and I don't want those lites on it because they blind and irritate other drivers on the road. The windows are still the new thin glass. The door closers are automatic only if you pay extra. There may be some reason for having moved the window controls onto the door, but I can't figure out why they did that. The doors themselves are thinner so you can't rest your arm next to the window without it slipping off - on my old one I can rest my arm on the flat place next to the window. The side of the window post hits your shoulder. The car is so small that you bump your head into the door frame if you lean foreward to the left, and my old car doesn't let you do that. There are no advances in the engine according to the salesman since mine was state of the art, but of course there is the new tranny with its touch and shift stick. THE WORST PART????? THEY ARE NOT GOING TO REPLACE THE MINI S ROLLER SKATE UNTIL 2007 MODEL YEAR SO I WILL HAVE TO GET THE CHEAP KUDZU IMITATION KAR !!!!!!! Long live ole Jerkin Shrimp, like at least two or three more days!!!!!!!!!

mcbrue disgustedly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Out of curiosity, did you happen to look into an Audi A8s rather than a "kudzu kar"?

destination on

Reply to
Josh

_YOU_ have to wait until next year when the successor W221 will be presented

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

But it is not for MCBRUE as one can only have a maximum of three out of the following to qualify for an application to buy a Maybach 53:

- Living in a trailer

- Living under a bridge

- Living by a river

- Speaking some strange language

Juergen ;-)

Juergen .

There is a real problem - I just choke on paying over $100,000 for a car. Just too many things to do with that much money. That is why I have not looked at the new Bently Coupe. And I suspect that a Maybach of any size will be over $250,000. That is just ridiculous for a car - suitable only for somebody like an entertainer or head of state or corporate CEO - not suitable for anyone who has any sense of values left.

mcbrue unqualifiedly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

In the last consequence the Bentley Continental GT with

560 PS is a disguised VW Phaeton (with some Audi A8 parts)- the Phaeton being astonishingly good in every respect, and with the beginning of the new modelyear (we normally change modelyears here in Germany in August or so) has all-wheel-drive in all variants as well as the choice of the long wheelbase for all variants. Plus here in Europe - don't know about the US - we will also have a three-litre V6-TDI diesel engine in addition to the other diesel engine, the V10-TDI with 313 PS. I know the Phaeton lacks prestige, but apart from that it is a top-class car - in every case worth a test drive.

And the Bentley will get two brothers in the next two years, a cabriolet and a sedan, but of course prices will not be lowert than that of the Coupe.

200.000 to 250.000 is the price range of the to-come small Maybach - other people buy a house for that money...

Exactly - it is a perfect car for such people and top sports stars, top criminals - or oil sheiks ;-)))

As you like your S-Class I think its worth to wait for the successor of the - as you like to call it - _Mini S_, the W221 which will be a bit bigger than the _Mini S_. Regarding the price it is a safe bet to say it will be similar to those of the _Mini S_, which means one can get a S430 for ca. 80.000 - certainly still a lot of money, but significantly less than a Bentley.

Juergen - not only no S class and no trailer and no bridge, but with a big river in the city ;-)

Reply to
Juergen .

Psssst! Juergen - wanna buy a S klass kar cheap? Only used on Sundays by a little old lady to drive to church (well ... maybe a little more than that). Looks good by a big river, and with the right insurance policy, might look better in the river :-)

mcbrue sellingly under the bridge in the trailer down by the small river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE