Checking drain tube

I got the base of the tube cleaned out. Plugged up pretty good, it was. But can I just run a garden hose over the car to see if it drains out properly? (I went through a car wash yesterday, before cleaning it
out, but that wasn't enough to add any water. So it wouldn't be enough to test against.)
Collin KC8TKA