Child seat in SLK

Does anyone know how to fit a childseat in a SLK230? There is an airbag inhibit light on the console but what does it take to get it lit?
Thanks

A Merc-supplied seat with transponder?
DAS
"Mattias" <036.133523@_remove_telia.com> wrote in message
news:I7jjg.4590$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...
Refer to your owner's manual or contact the dealer... it depends on the year of your car... the older it is... you probably just have to turn off the passenger air bag.
There is a transponder sensor embedded in the passenger seat. It requires a Mercedes-Benz BabySmart car seat to activate the sensor, which will automatically disable the passenger-side airbags whenr the BabySmart seat is used.
Mercedes-Benz Automatic Child Seat Recognition (ACSR) All MB starting with model year 1999 have automatic child seat recognition which switches the front passenger air bag off when a correctly installed BabySmart seat is installed. The seat transmitts RF, the child seat responds, and the seat then receives the phase shifted signal. The air bag off light on the dash illuminates. Three sizes are available: BabySmart compatible infant, toddler or booster seat.

Thanks Rugbyguy! Exactly the information i wanted. Sounds a bit dangerous to put your kids life in the hands of equipment with radiotranponders though...

Don't I get any recognition? :-))))
(I did give you the same advice but much more briefly...)
FYI I looked into this when I acquired my car in 2001. Finally I bought the Merc child seat (a Britax) without the transponder gadget because I decided I would never place the child seat at the front. Saved a good few euros plus a few more euros by buying in Germany and not GB, even though Britax is British... Never looked back. No temptation or need to have child in front.
DAS
"Mattias" <036.133523@_remove_telia.com> wrote in message
news:OmWjg.4781$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...
says...

Maybe the OP should take note of that. Good advice all round I would say.
OP would probably need something to prevent the roof being stowed though. Not much room in the back when it's down. ;)

I checked here at the dealer today and they are 6000 SEK ouuuch! (650 euro) Do you know how much they are in Germany? As Alan mentioned it will be fairly tricky to fit the chair in the back seat since it's non existing in the SLK so i guess i will have to buy one with transponder.
Thanks for the input.
Matthias
Makes UK look cheap. Some years ago it was perhaps GBP 100??? 150??? Don't really remember.
This is a booster seat plus winged seat back.
news:hlhkg.4904$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...