Chip - or other scholarly type - where is this study found?

In another thread, Chip posted "A huge study in England several years ago measured EVERYTHING that could be measured in a very large population of older drivers. They compared about 30 parameters against # of crashes. The ONLY measure that was correlated (inversely) with # of crashes was IQ. Training, years of experience, reaction time , eye acuity, road and paper testing scores, nothing else correlated. " Since it is likely that I will age and become an elderly driver some day, I am wondering where I could find and quote this information or any similar studies. Could be good info to have ready to send to regulators! Thanks!

Reply to
mcbrue

I have the actual article, as it was published in a conference I presented at, buuut it is now hidden amongst a lot of "retired" paperwork and will require a bit of time to dig it out. I'll post it the next time I have to dig through that stuff. Hope you won't be an elderly driver before then.

Chip

Reply to
Chip

A(nother) huge study in not-England several years ago showed EVERYTHING that could go wrong will go... errr... not that.... IQ test had little to do with intelligence, how productive someone is nor turn out to be.

Regards, Jay Bala.

Reply to
jay1bala

Never argued that IQ had to do with anything, just that it correlated with # of crashes of older drivers. At least it was something measurable.

BTW, Murphy's Law is absolute. I see it manifest itself everyday.

Chip

Reply to
Chip

You'd have to define intelligence first. IQ correlates positively with school performance, job performance, level of job, income etc. and correlates negatively with adult criminality, poverty, unemployment, dependence on welfare, children outside of marriage.

People who pretend IQ has nothing to do with intelligence tend to score less... ;)

Regards, Peter

Reply to
Ximinez

Thanks again for the info. However I am getting increasingly concerned that such information will be needed more than ever in the US. The point of interest is that there is no correlation with age. The anti- correlation with IQ is extremely interesting, of course, but is not likely to be usable in the new changed society coming into place in the US since it could argue against equality of all people.So if you can find that article, I surely will appreciate it!

Reply to
mcbrue