Chromed Plastic?

Can the plastic grill insert of my 1992 190E be chrome plated? or bright metal covered? like those toy rings, and robot toys, that look like metal, but are really plastic, with a thin layer of chrome looking
metal on top? I think it would be a nice effect with my black paint, and european headlights. Does any one know who to see?? .......Thanks .........RIck
Yes, you can paint them any color you want... but I think it is better if you paint the grill darker. The grille does come out separate from the chrome.
Rick -
Check with Performance Products (800) 243-1220. Looks as though they may have exactly what your looking for. It's a chrome sport grille for all 201 sedans from '84 to '93. Sells for $203 and includes an SL-style Mercedes star for the center. Chrome grill plug to fill the hood star hole is another $20. P/N's are 88-847 for the grille and 99-339 for the plug in case you want to go to their web site: http://www.performanceproducts.com Once there, you can do a Catalog Search on those part numbers and see what they're going to look like.
Jerry Wolfram '78 450 SL - 212K miles