While at the MB dealership I test drove a new CL500 and was struck by the huge difference in the ride and quality between it and the E and CLK lines. I have a 03 E500 and love it but the ride and solidity can't touch the CL.
My parents have a 2000 S430 and it's chassis is no where as stiff as the newer CL. Has MB improved the chassis and quality of their "higher" lines? Or is it just that they are brand new? It seemed to be much quieter with virtual no road noise. (Tire noise in all MB is really annoying in the last few years). Maybe MB is moving back to it's correct position as the premier auto manufacturer. Rob