Climate Control Blower Motor for 1997 E300D

Hi,

I am looking for some help on replacing the blower motor on a 1997 E300D. It seems that mine has quit working as soon as it got to 100 degrees in the shade! Is this something that I could replace myself (novice mechanic)? If so, how? Also, I was shown that my evaporator temperature sensor was broken and would need to be replaced. I found a place online

where I could get the fan and temperature sensor for $380.00. Is this a good deal?

Reply to
MB

First of all... before you replace any parts... check the freon level with AC running for at least 5 minutes... It should be around 30PSI with compressor running. You freon can buy the can with gauge on it...

The evaporator sensor is an anti-ice sensor... meaning if it detected ice on the evaporator, it will shut down the system. Only reason to get ice is freon is low... or your intake air filter is clogged and never changed.

Reply to
Tiger

That's great advice. My indication that the blower motor is out is that even on economy and heat, there is no air movement...not even a whir or a hum.

Reply to
MB

Mercedes blower last about 15 years or so... so I don't suspect the fan at this time... unless it doesn't work at all.

Reply to
Tiger

Hi, I have a 1995 E300D. My blower moter was operating on the 2 lowest setting speeds. At first I thought it was the blower motor because I had a chirping sound when the AC was on. The problem turned out to be a bad blower motor voltage regulator .You have to remove the wind shield assembly, the ac filter, and the blower motor to get to the voltage regulator. My back can't take the constant leaning over so I had to bite the bullet on this one and have it done. It was very pricey. The regulator alone was $398.00 dollars plus labor approx. 3 hours. I wanted to have the motor replaced, but they did not have one in stock and I was out of town ready to leave. They lubricated the old motor and I have had no more problems. Now my AC blows hard and works like a champ. It is common for the regulators to go out.

Reply to
mark.simmons

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. I hope that my problems are just the regulator because I found that if I do have to replace the blower motor, I will also need to replace the regulator since they new blower motors don't work with the older regulators! My model is the W210 1997 model. I am not sure if my regulator is in the same place as your 1995 model. Any ideas?

Reply to
MB

MB,

Here is a link that gave som good information on your W210. I hopw this helps. I looks like the reguslator is attached to the blower motor. Mark

Reply to
mark.simmons