CLK 240 - Battery access

2004 CLK 240 Auto

After locating the Battery hiding under a black rectangular plastic box with 'Air Conditioner' on it (it looks like an air filter to me) I am unable to fully unclip it to gain access to the Battery terminals.

It is held in place by 3 'pull & grab' retainers. The outer 2 undo easily. The center clip fouls the bodywork and refuses to exit the gap, thereby holding the entire device in place.

Help - I can't even check the Battery on this MB.

The spark plugs look very difficult to access too. Is there a more owner-unfriendly car on sale these days?

David

Reply to
David J

OK folks - I had another attempt & forced it off eventually. Trouble about forcing, is that you just don't know how hard to try sometimes.

Anyways, it's off now.

David

Reply to
David J

You shouldn't need to change the spark plugs or even inspect them for a long time. They claim 100,000 miles but maybe less than that. They are modern platinum plated ones I think. No longer the wear issue they used to be.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson