CLK-320 (Problems with car stereo)

Hi folks,
I have a 2002 Mercedes CLK-320, and I have a couple of problems with the (stock) stereo.
1) I just changed the car battery, and now the readout on the stereo just
says "CODE" and doesn't play anymore. Apparently, disconnecting the battery wipes out the stereo's memory and it needs to be reset somehow. My guess is this is some kind of theft deterrent feature. How do I get it working again?
2) I want to install a Magellan GPS "Traffic Kit" unit which requires that I plug it's cable into the antenna connector on the back of the stereo. But I can't figure out how to slide the stereo out from the dashboard so that I can get to the antenna coax. I was able to pop-out the black recessed tray beneath it, but can't find any obvious tabs or screws holding the stereo in. Here are a couple of photos of my dashboard and stereo:
http://logic316.ath.cx:5011/pub/Stereo.jpg
http://logic316.ath.cx:5011/pub/Closeup_of_stereo.jpg
Thanks in advance for any advice!
- Logic316
""CONSULTING - If you're not a part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem."

Yes, you need your stereo's code. It should be on a white card that came with your car. The dealer can tell you but some dealers charge for this easy task.

If you look at your stereo unit's lower left and right corners, you will see slots. There is a set of tools you stick in each slot at the same time and it unlatches the catches so that you can slide the unit out. You can buy these at the dealer, on ebay or make your own.