CLK Cabriolet -- Window Question

The Driver's window, when put on auto-up, goes all the way up and then drops down about 2-3 inches. But: - only when the left rear window is down, and
- only some of the time
The dealer replaced the window motor to fix it .... It didn't. I took it back, and they now tell me that they checked 3 other CLK Cabs and they all do it, too .. Therefore it is a planned design feature.!
Makes no sense to me -- anyone have any insight to this?
Thanks,
Andy
Try resetting the window stop:
Doors Closed, top raised
Ignition ON
Lower Windows and hold button for 10 seconds. Raise Window and hold button for 10 seconds
Ignition OFF Ignition ON
Mike

I had something similar happen; driver's window (right side UK) dropping several inches.
Your instructions sound vaguely similar to what the dealership said, though I don't recollect any fiddling with the ignition. The key thing is that nothing needs to be replaced and that it is only a reset.
DAS
"MJK" < snipped-for-privacy@mjkarin.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...
Worked like a charm -- thanks, Mike. You'd think that a Mercedes-designated "Best of the Best" service department would have known that!
Andy