CLK COUPE REMOTE BOOT RELEASE MALFUNCTION!

Hi can anyone tell me how to gain access to my CLK boot,it is locked and it seems the solenoid or the lock itself has failed,using the key fob or internal boot release switch has no effect and i cant insert the emergency
key that folds into the electronic fob into the lock..im stumped..any ideas much appreciated thanks! Mal.
Asked a dealer?
DAS
"Mal Taylor" < snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:OICdnT snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

And they shall procure you the invoice for the service rendered...that is if the car has past its 'use by date' (warranty).

I don't think my local Merc service station would charge for the advice. Just phoning may be sufficient for a suggestion.
DAS
"OM" < snipped-for-privacy@none.net> wrote in message
news:6Pydnc8K1fxpCpvYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@pcisys.net...
MB Roadside assistance is free... so call them up.
Tiger wrote:

This guy didn't say what year his CLK so I am assuming that its warranty or roadside assistance contract has expired...
Roadside Assistance in USA is LIFETIME.
Ok, got it.
I was reading the MB USA website about the roadside assistance once again. There is this statement:
Roadside Assistance repairs could involve charges for services and parts. Depending on the circumstances, an outside service may provide Roadside Assistance repairs at the discretion of Mercedes-Benz USA LLC.
Could it be that the reason for soliciting this discussion group for help?
Tiger wrote:

You can always refuse the service for extra charge... they will tell you on spot if it will cost you money.
It seems that is it not that different to Europe's 30-yr MobiloLife scheme.
It might be free but only if it's not a manufacturing fault or failure. Then they still come and get you but charge for it. A motoring organisation might be a cheaper option to deal with certain issues.
DAS
"OM" < snipped-for-privacy@none.net> wrote in message
news:9t2dnWs2mZR6f5rYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@pcisys.net...
Simple things... like changing a tire, jumpstart, or some gas... etc... are free Complex things such as changing a part will cost you money... if they can fix it on spot and get you going... like belt broken... you pay for belt and labor at 1.5 times normal rate. Sounds pricy but how much is your time worth?
If they can't fix it, then they will tow it to their shop... that will cost you too. But standard labor rate rather than 1.5 times.
AAA in USA is good for basic things... overlaps what MB offers in Roadside assistance. But they don't fix your car on spot...towing with basic membership is 5 miles max and extra will cost you. Deluxe membership will tow you up to 100 miles. However, they are not totally reliable... like recently, my friend got rear-ended badly... called AAA... and the towing company refuse to tow his car.
MB Roadside Assistance will not strand you on side of the road regardless how old your MB is or which owner you are. On newer cars that is still under their warranty, they will even cover your towing expense, put you up in hotel, give you a loaner car, and reimburse you some expenses while your car is being serviced... it is pretty awesome yet they are betting that majority of their car will not break down on major road trips so this service is rarely used.
Ok, there seem to be some differences. Conditions for MobiloLife are here:
http://www.mercedes-benzlondon.co.uk/new-cars/mobilolife.asp
I nearly made use of it earlier this year. I did mention it here but I hope everyone has forgotten so it isn't boring repetition.
I had an oil leak and needed a tow (from my home) to the garage. Merc warned me it would cost GBP 120 if the cause was not a mfg fault. As I had run over a 'speed bump' too quickly I was pretty sure I had damaged the underside.
The motoring organisation did the tow for free regardless of reason.
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.comn> wrote in message
news:Lq0Og.296$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe11.lga...