clk320 cabriolet problems

hello everyone i just purchased a clk320 cabriolet and it has problems since i got it. the car is acting strange. it makes strange noises and does not
work like it did in the first week. i don't know what happened to it. the car jerks sometimes and emits weird odors from the exhaust. i put my nose to it and took a good whiff of the exhaust while my friend pushed the gas pedal and its not good smelling. i have been taking care of this car like my own baby i don't know what is going on with it. i fill it up with the local "garo gas" 84 octaine here in pasadena on washington boulevard which my friend says is the best gas. it is much much cheaper than acro or chevron gas so I agree it is much better. i treat this car better than anything else in my life, what is wrong with it?? please someone can you tell me what is wrong?
bob
Bob,
I have a 2000 CLK320 cabriolet.
On page 310 of the operator's manual, it says that the required minimum octane is 91. Perhaps yours ran well the first week because it still had the proper fuel in it.
Mike

"it is much much cheaper than acro or chevron gas so I agree it is much better"
Ah ha! Much cheaper is NOT better. Would you feed your "baby" the cheapest formula you could find from some guy on the street corner? C'mon, it's a Mercedes Benz for cryin' out loud! And you guys whine about Mercedes quality...??? If you can't afford the recommended fuel, oil, gas, tires, maintenance, whatever... buy a Toyota. Good grief! Dale (not Camille) '88 560SL '96 S500 Coupe '00 CL500C
bob wrote:

well my friend told me this is the best gas, and i trust him. he is asian and has a rice mobile (as they call it) so he is very good with cars. his car is very fast and has the v-tech. he told me to trouble shoot my car by keeping it in second gear for a longer time until the tackometer pointer points to the end of the red area and keep it there for 10 minutes, and see if the problem goes away. well it didnt go away so i need help!! thanks you.
bob
I believe Bob has bobbed on the bong pipe and is pulling everyones chain!!
blabbered:

blabbered:

Aren't two trolls in a row on the same stupid set up a bit much?

REInvestments wrote:

me... Must be the humidity where you live, try 15 minutes! Dale (not Camille)

YHBT. YHL. HAND.
And plonk that troll.