CLK430 Question

I own a 2002 CLK430 AMG and I notice other ones when I see them on the street. They're different enough from the regular CLK320 that they're easy to spot. I've noticed that quite a few of them have lost the wide horizontal trim strip which rides in the big oval scoop just below the front bumper. I noted this for a couple of years on other people's cars, and now it's happened to mine. It just fell out. I know not where.

I wouldn't guess it's too awful expensive to replace - just a pain in the butt.

Anybody else had this experience? Is there a better attachment procedure to ensure it doesn't recur?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Durkin