CLS goes diesel

After some time of not seeing any CLSs I saw TWO in the same little street. One turned out to be a 320 CDI... This means that just about every part of the range now offers a diesel engine.

I must say, the slits at the side (windows?) would be good in a shoot-out...

As an aside, also saw a Ford Cougar in the same street. Not a bad shape...

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

I worked for Ford most of my life. It's nice to hear good things about a company that is not doing well these days.

Reply to
Hernando Correa

Ford is quite highly rated in the UK and its cars are top sellers. They have had the number one spot for decades.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Wouldn't that be a ... Mercury Cougar? Or maybe a Mercury Cougar Mellencamp?

:)

Collin KC8TKA E320/97

Reply to
Cheesehead

You tell me...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Hmmmm. I never noticed the name change. Thanks.

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

I am pretty sure in the US it's still a mercury?

Whatever. Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Ya. No big deal. It's still just another Ford.

Collin KC8TKA

Reply to
Cheesehead

The CLS body with a diesel would be a great little car. If only I could even afford the insurance payments. :( (Well, I could afford the car & ins. if we moved to a small house. But I'd rather sleep securely and drive the E320.) On the biright side, maybe in 15 years I can afford a good used one? :)

Collin KC8TKA E320/97

Reply to
Cheesehead

Little, at 4.9 m?...:-)

That's right between an E (4.8 m) and an S (5.0 m).

How about this well-loaded AMG 55 for GBP 78 000?

Click on used cars and the Mercedes Direct.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

"Little" is only a figurative term. Like calling a car "baby".

Collin :) KC8TKA

Reply to
Cheesehead